Suspicion of infidelity takes deadly turn

A Nyanga woman was last week brutally murdered by her husband after he discovered some shoeprints at their bedroom’s doorstep and suspected infidelity.

The man hails from Mudzi District in Mashonaland East, under Chief Nechombo.

Twenty-three-year-old Tafadzwa Siziba (23) of Funa Village allegedly murdered his wife, Martha Nyambaro, while on their way to the alleged lover’s homestead in Nyanga following her confession.

Siziba has since appeared before Nyanga magistrate, Ms Notebulgar Muchineripi, facing murder charges as defined in Section 47 of the Criminal Law (Codification and Reform) Act, Chapter 9:23.
He was not asked to plead and was remanded in custody to October 22.

Siziba was advised to apply for bail at the High Court.

Mr Cuthbert Bhosha prosecuted.

Mr Bhosha said on September 27, Siziba arrived home from work and saw some shoeprints on his bedroom doorstep.

This aroused his suspicion and he confronted Nyambaro over the issue, accusing her of cheating on him.

“Siziba confronted his wife over the alleged affair. He demanded to know whose shoeprints were on the doorstep. The now late Nyambaro initially denied that someone had visited the homestead. She also denied having an affair.

“The following night, Siziba accompanied Nyambaro and their two-year-old son to Mudeto Village for a church service. While on their way to church, Siziba continued probing his wife over the infidelity issue,” said Mr Bhosha.

The late Nyambaro is said to have confessed that she was having an affair, but did not disclose the man’s name.

She only stated that the man was from Renzva Village under Chief Katerere’s area.

In a fit of rage, Siziba allegedly told Nyambaro that they were no longer going to church, but to her lover’s place.

“As they were on their way to the lover’s homestead, Siziba became violent as they approached Nyamombe River.

“He plucked whips from nearby trees and assaulted Nyambaro several times on the head and all over the body.

“Nyambaro was carrying their son on her back as Siziba was assaulting her. She later took the boy from her back and placed him to the ground.

“As he continued assaulting her, the late Nyambaro fell to the ground and Siziba kicked her on the mouth. She lost one upper front tooth.

“The deceased woke up and the two continued walking towards the river. Siziba continued whipping his wife all over the body. She fell down and sustained a deep cut at the back of her head,” said Mr Bhosha.
Upon noticing that Nyambaro had sustained a deep wound on her head, Siziba carried her to Nyamombe River where she died.

Siziba noticed this and left the scene with his son.

After a police report was made, Siziba’s bloodstained jacket and shoes were recovered from the crime scene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *