Hotplate Grill, Midas outlets up in smoke

By Observer Correspondent

Two Kadoma buildings which house Hotplate Grill and Midas outlets have been razed down by a suspected electrical fault, causing massive damage to the buildings.

The fire is said to have started in Hotplate Grill around 3am and quickily spread to other buildings housing Midas, destroying everything along the way.

“The fire started around 3am and Kadoma Fire Brigade attended to the scene but they failed to put out the fire until we had to call Chegutu and Suri Suri Airbase for help otherwise Enbee would also have been damaged by the fire,”said a source at the scene.

Luckily no one was injured in the inferno.

A director with Midas, Arthur Kanyimo said the company had lost thousands of dollars in stock

“We’ve lost stock worth US$420 00 and other valuable property, so now we will be concentrating on Creball and Dunlop were we deal in tyres,” said Kanyimo.

Effort to get a comment from Hotplate Grill authorities proved fruitless.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *